[c-nsp] OSPF area design question

Tantsura, Jeff jeff.tantsura at capgemini.com
Mon Aug 30 14:04:02 EDT 2004

It sounds like you have backbone area of 3 routers and 3 area's of 15
routers interconnected by these 3.
15 routers per area will do just fine.
Good IP plan is much more important than # of routers.
Take care of summarization.
Remember that all communications between non backbone routers within
different areas go via backbone.
Make your spokes totally stubby.
Keep your backbone area as stable and simple as possible.

Jeff

P.S. Cisco recommends EIGRP for a hub-and-spoke network

With kind regards/ met vriendelijke groeten,
Jeff Tantsura
CCIE #11416
Senior Consultant
Capgemini Nederland BV