[c-nsp] 2948G replacement?

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Mon Aug 30 23:07:44 EDT 2004

I've had good luck with the 2948G switches as well.  They're based on
the Cat4000, and seem pretty solid.  We used them for server
aggregation, with gig channel back to the core a couple years ago;
worked flawlessly.  I imagine a DDOS could overload an ethernet link to
the point of frames being dropped.  But I'd hope that the switch would
drop user traffic before it dropped any of it own stuff, such as BPDUs,
CDP, PagP, etc.  Anyone know for sure if this is how it queues, or if
it's configurable for that?

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495