[c-nsp] MLPPP bridged

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Aug 31 10:53:14 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 05:54:29PM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> With all the issues I have with MLPPP on a 7513,

Could you elaborate on the issues?  I've posted
a list of MLPPP bugs that have been fixed in
the last 6 months for the 75xx with dMLPPP and
if you are not running code that has those fixes
you surely will have some problems.

> I decided todo a setup which includes a 3620 with the multilink bundle
> and a fastethernet interface to the 7513, On the 3620 I disabled ip
> routing and put the multilink interface and the fastethernet in the same
> bridge-group, All the interfaces are up and looks like I have incoming
> and outgoing packets, But I can't ping from the 7513 to the otherside.
> Does anyone have any suggestions to why this would happen?

a) You don't have an ip address on the 36xx so any pings to/from
it will no work
b) On the 75xx side it's important if you have a BVI to interface
   the bridge to the L3 side of the router.
   I would need to see the 75xx configuration.

I don't know what you are trying to do here but I highly do
NOT recommend you do this because the bridging code for something
like this is performance wise would be horrible.

Rodney