[c-nsp] BGP on Catalyst 5505???

Eric Stockwell eric at opticfusion.net
Tue Aug 31 12:18:35 EDT 2004

That was my opinion too, until we realized that our config allowed us to
use MLS on some interfaces. Dropped CPU usage by 30%, by using on just 4
of our interfaces.  We had to change from traffic-shaping to
rate-limiting, but I think that it was worth it. If you've got a NFFC in
the Sup, and your config will allow it, MLS will breath a lot of new
life into this platform.

I'm now in a similar scenario, wondering if it will be able to handle an
iBGP peering with just a few routes. My opinion is yes, but I'm going to
upgrade memory before I do (64 MB to 128 MB) just to be safe.

Eric Stockwell
Optic Fusion