[c-nsp] 12.2(14)SY3 (Stable IOS for SUP2/MFSC2 and VRRP?)

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Tue Aug 31 12:33:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

We've been running 12.1.20E3 on our 6500's and while we've been very
happy with it's stability a bit of multi-vendor stuff is requiring VRRP.
According to the cisco feature navigator the only IOS releases on the
SUP2/MFSC2 supporting this are:

12.2(17d)SXB3  12.2(14)SY3  12.2(9)ZA

All of which are on Early Deployment.

Has anyone got any experience with these releases, and can comment on
their stability/suitability?

I notice that 12.2(17d)SXB3 is one of only two releases for the 6500 that
supports IPv6 (the other one being 12.2(18)SXD). Is anyone also using it
for that?

Sam