[c-nsp] Load balancing

Ed Whitesell edwlist at airpathwireless.com
Wed Dec 1 17:07:47 EST 2004

For web traffic, 115001s are much better than when I had used SLB on
6500s and 7200s a couple of years ago.  For UDP services, it's a little
tricky to setup, but it does work well once it is configured.  UDP
traffic is probably easier to setup and manage using SLB, but in the
end, it makes more sense to have all of the load balancing done on the
same hardware, IMHO.

Or, if you have a 6500 or two, I've also heard that the Content
Switching Module for them is pretty good.

Ed Whitesell
Network Manager
Airpath
"Clearing the Way"