[c-nsp] FR and QoS

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Thu Dec 9 11:19:57 EST 2004

Rodney Dunn wrote:

> And for FR, it should be:
>
>> interface serial x/y.z
>>  frame-relay interface-dlci nnn
>>   service-policy out shape-and-queue
>
> if that doesn't work it's a bug.

Do you mean the config above, though, or this one:

>> interface (atm|frame) x/y.z
>>  service-policy out shape-and-queue
>>  (pvc|frame-relay interface-dlci)

Note the indentation - one's got the service policy attached to the
interface-dlci, one's got it attached to the subinterface.

Or does it, in fact, not matter?

> The goal of MQC is to try and make it transparent
> to the underlying hardware implementation.  It's
> not perfect but it's much better than it was before.

*Totally* agree - don't get me wrong, MQC is great, and a huge improvement
trying to hack together CAR, FRTS etc to get to where you want to be.  I've
just been bitten by some rather annoying failure cases.

>> interface (atm|frame) x/y.z
>>  service-policy out shape-and-queue
>>  (pvc|frame-relay interface-dlci)
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here but if I'm reading
> it right that's exactly how you should configure
> it.  If it doesn't work it's a bug.

OK, thanks, if that syntax is now supposed to work pretty much everywhere,
I'll look more at upgrades (and worst case TAC cases) when we hit the
non-workers, rather than finding the work-arounds.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
                                            f: +44 20 7863 5876