[c-nsp] Cisco 1711 NAT/IP Question

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Fri Dec 10 10:28:40 EST 2004

Hi there...

We have a customer that we are looking at putting a 1711 into, feeding
them via ADSL (PPPOE)....

I'd like to feed them a /29 block which is no problem... But when it
hits the router I'd like to take 2 of the switchports (this router has a
built in 4 port switch) and make one a NAT based port for their
network.. And use the other port for a /30 public subnet...

The customer has a regular LAN system (10-15 computers) but they also
have a Cisco Soho router doing a VPN Ipsec connection to a remote
office... I don't want to mess with their VPN (other than maybe giving
them a new IP from their former provider).... But want the Soho to have
it's own public IP (right on the device, not mapped via NAT)...

Is this difficult?  For some reason I'm having a hard time getting this
around my fat head..;)

Thanks,

Paul