[c-nsp] Total hangs on 7301/7200 (NPE-G1)

Osama I. Dosary oid at saudi.net.sa
Mon Dec 13 00:03:13 EST 2004

In the past week or we have been experiencing total hangs on *several*
7301 and 7200 routers (all NPE-G1).
When the hangs occur, there is no console access, it does NOT give any
log messages and leaves no crashinfo.
The only irregularities I've noticed, are high input-queue drops and
flushes, and "spurious interrupts." The hang has occurred at various CPU
load, and it has occurred when the CPU util. was below 30%, and traffic
was below 30Mbps (in+out). TAC has not been able to come up with
anything. One of the routers is newly installed, the other four have
been in production for at least a two months without any hangs.

Any ideas or leads would be much appreciated.

regards
Osama I. Dosary