[c-nsp] ToS equivalent to IP Precedence?

Matt Ryan Matt.Ryan at telewest.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 04:38:10 EST 2004

>D5-D0 are DSCP values, NA is not used.  (Actually, I seem to remember
>someone pointed out last time this came up that there *is* now an RFC
>defining a use for the two LSBs, but I don't recall what it is, and by the
>sound of things it's not important in your case.)

In case anyone is interested, the other two bits are used for TCP ECN (see
RFC 3168).

Matt.

Live Life in Broadband
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.