[c-nsp] Experience with OSM-2OC12-POS Cards..?

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Tue Dec 14 10:51:02 EST 2004

 > Two things I am looking for the cards to do. The first is to be able to
 > bond both of the OC12s to allow for the 1.2GB between the 6509's. Is
 > this possible or do I simply manage this via two routes, one out each
 > interface..?

I don't believe that the 2-Port OC12 POS card supports bonding. I
would just use two equal cost routes.

 > Second, I was wondering if these interfaces can be added to a VLAN like
 > all other interfaces on my 6509..? Not sure if this is possible with a
 > POS type interface as I am only running 100mb and GB ethernet on the
 > 6509s now.

Looks like Cisco supports something called Briding Control Protocol that
will do what you want.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_module_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801e5bf8.html#wp1066329