[c-nsp] BGP cease notification

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Thu Dec 16 09:50:12 EST 2004

I was looking at a BGP "cease" notification the other day, and I wish I
had saved it, but I didn't, but I was confused about one of the numbers
in the message.

It was like:

BGP-NOTIFICATION: blah blah (cease) 6/1 7 bytes 00010100 03E8

I realize this is a cease message, which is notification Type 6, and
its Cease Code 1 which means maximum prefixes reached.
The 3E8 is what the limit was set to, 1000 in this case.  I thought the
binary before the 3E8 was the AFI, and its decimal 20.  Is that number
in fact the AFI?  If so where do I find AFI 20?  I checked RFC1700 and
its too dated to have newer things in it.  I

Brian