[c-nsp] Wierd problem with WCCP

Yasser Aly yasser.aly at noorgroup.net
Sat Dec 18 10:47:56 EST 2004

Hello,

  I am having a weird problem with WCCP when I try to apply its
configuration on VXR 7204.

When I apply the WCCP commands on the router the router boots.

Moreover, when I try to remove the WCCP commands from the router, the router
refuses and the following message pops up:

"The WCCP service specified does not exist".

The configuration applied:

(Config)# ip wccp 97 password <password>

(Config-if)#  ip wccp redirect in

It turns to be that WCCP is not running and at the same time I am not able
to remove its commands from the router. Looks like an IOS bug to me.

Anybody has a clue of what's going on?

Router Type: VXR 7204

IOS: 12.2(23a)  "c7200-js-mz.122-23a.bin"

Regards,

Yasser