[c-nsp] Reliable static routes and 12.2S

cisco-nsp at ibh.net cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Tue Dec 21 03:48:48 EST 2004

Hi,

the 12.3T train finally got a long missed feature: static routes that
go down when a track object (for instance a SAA ping) goes down. That
makes life a lot easier on RBE CPEs when it comes to establishing some
kind of backup (typically dial backup).

The problem: Having that on the CPE is only halfway a solution. In
order to have the dial backup reliably override the still active
static route to a potentially unreachable gateway at the RBE far
end, I'd like to have the same feature at the central side[1]. But
12.3T is clearly no option there. As feature navigator doesn't
even know the feature yet (at least not by any of the names used
in Cisco documentation), I can't look up whether 12.2(25)S1 might
already have it, but I doubt. Anyone who knows more? Especially,
if it is planned to be merged into 12.2S at all?

[1] Reasoning for that not just beeing a matter of correctly floating
    static routes is complex and involves OVE (Other Vendors Equipment).
    Dont ask.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-