[c-nsp] 2950-48-SI arp problems ?

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Tue Dec 21 12:51:10 EST 2004

I'm not sure I followed you here.
Is it the gateway or the host that loses arp ?
Your host losing it's arp table should not effect inboud sessions.
If your gateway maintains arp and packets don't get to the host
It's not your host without arp that has a problem but your switch that
Is not forwarding to that mac for some reason. Check to see if the hosts
Mac is listed in the switches forwarding table.
You can try to raise the mac address aging time to see if it helps.

Regards
Brian