[c-nsp] Need I config DSCP/ToS to ToS manually on Catalyst6509?

lists at Hojmark.ORG lists at Hojmark.ORG
Sat Dec 25 13:45:58 EST 2004

>    To my understanding, this means Catalyst6509 would
> map DSCP/ToS to CoS automatically if packet are curcial.

Assuming that QoS is turned on, the C6K does this automatically for any packet: The internal DSCP is mapped to a CoS value on the
egress port, if there is a CoS to set (i.e. if the egress port is trunking).

>    My question is, if QoS classes are defined for customer
> traffic, should I config such mapping manually ?

You don't need to configure the DSCP-to-CoS mapping if you're happy with the default:
 DSCP   0-7 = CoS 0
 DSCP  8-15 = CoS 1
 DSCP 16-23 = CoS 2
 DSCP 24-31 = CoS 3
 DSCP 32-39 = CoS 4
 DSCP 40-47 = CoS 5
 DSCP 48-55 = CoS 6
 DSCP 56-63 = CoS 7

> If so, is there any configuration guide for this?

http://tinyurl.com/6lnpm

-A