[c-nsp] Re: dot1q subinterface counters

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Mon Dec 27 03:38:59 EST 2004

lists at hojmark.org wrote:
> Sub-interfaces on LAN interfaces *is* supported, but it's only
> supported for MPLS: http://tinyurl.com/3nljv
>
> Why this is 'only' supported for MPLS, but not for plain IP, is
> beyond me. I would have though there was more to test with MPLS than
> IP.

Subs work as you have figured out, but Cisco has not put their
'supported' stamp on it yet. We have been pushing quite hard on the
topic, and the last info we got from our SE is that the dev-team will do
the necessary testing. The time frame is still a bit unclear tough.
Hopefully we will know more after the holidays.

If the counters will work is another issue...

Per