[c-nsp] IPv6 on Cat3550

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Dec 28 17:55:40 EST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 11:34:48PM +0100, lists at hojmark.org wrote:
> They may not be saying this out loud, but I think the 3550 is dying sometime soon, to be replaced by the 3560 and 3750.

I've said this before - if you buy a Cisco L3 switch, make sure it has
*all* features that you need *from the day they ship it*.

I've been bitten painfully by the 2948G-L3 (it didn't do anything that
was promised, and fairly quickly it was completely discontinued).

I'm still hoping that IPv6 on 3750 will eventually turn up (some two
years after we bought one, on the promise that "it will have IPv6 soon").

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de