[c-nsp] Sharing a PRI

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Dec 31 17:26:09 EST 2004

	Hi :)

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 03:45:26PM -0400, Bob Tinkelman wrote:
> I have a client who wants to do something in an area I have
> very little experience.
>
> He has a cisco 5300 being used to provide old-fashioned
> dial-up Internet access, with a single PRI (obviously to a
> pretty small set of users).
>
> He has a small PBX that he's planning to upgrade so that it
> can accept a PRI.

	So, the 5300 will have 2xPRI with the appropriate number
of voice dsps and modems i assume.

	it's fairly easy to set up a passthrough system where a
call received on one PRI

	eg:

	PSTN/PRI/TELCO - 5300- PBX

	where internet calls (ideally identified by a seperate
number or DID on the PRI, but you could always set up a 2nd D channel
and pri-group) will be terminated on a modem on the 5300 and
the voice calls would be passed on (with a dial-peer) to the PBX.

	You would also be able to create dial-plans to do whatever else
you might want too, eg: have the 5300 go into some voip cloud for
inbound/outbound termination, tollbypass, etc..

>    Telco----????----PBX
>             5300

	You can also use one of the HDV modules in a 26xx/36xx to be
your 'black box' device.

> handle some calls itself and pass through others as appropriate.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net