[nsp] IOS 12.3 & Cisco WS-X5302 RSM

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 3 03:35:42 EST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 05:46:15PM -0800, John Pang wrote:
> I would like to check if anyone knows whether the
> Cisco Cat5 RSM (WS-X5302) will be supported by the
> 12.3 series IOS? And if so, when/which ver?

Cisco's marketing people have decided that you should go out and purchase
a new switch.

No 12.2T and no 12.3 on the Cat5 RSM or RSFC, and thus, no IPv6 for those
plattforms.

Nice strategy to sell more boxes, but very poor approach to make happy
customers.

(What's especially annoying me about this is that, since 1997, IPv6 was
always "in the next IOS version", and when it finally arrived in the
official trains, support for the RSM/RSFC and the Cisco 4700 routers
was dropped in *just* *this* IOS train.  Coincidence?)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de