[nsp] multicast flows and dev/null

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Feb 4 11:38:05 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 05:26:38PM +0100, Francisco Gracia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am afraid I am seeing the same issue you saw in your network and cause of
> your posted message of Mon Aug 4 19:27:44 EDT 2003:

	the address you show is the 'sdr' (aka sap) multicast group.

	this is a dense-mode multicast group that is flooded across the
entire network in order to broadcast announcements about active multicast
sessions.

	You can use the "sdr" or other tools to view the contents of
these announcements.  (there is MacTV for OS/X, the Berkeley MASH
toolkit, as well as the older ucl applications).

	- Jared