[nsp] Suggestions on terminating a bunch of T1's

Jim Devane jim at powerpulse.cc
Wed Feb 4 14:49:59 EST 2004

Hello all,

            I am in need of some suggestions.

            I am attempting to design a fabric that will be able to
terminate 1100 T1's in one POP. I know, the good sense would suggest that
the T1's be terminated at the individual CO's and then backhaul the IP
traffic to the POP but that is not politically a solution. So the problem I
have is a slew of 4 pair T1's showing up at my cage. Here is what I have
thought of for solution but I am really looking for more sensical ways.

Current first place design.

Wrap the T1's into 40 M13's.

Run the channelized DS-3's to a 7206 VXR full of PA-MC-2T3+

I would need 4 7026 and use one of the PA's for an uplink of some sort.

Kind of sucks but might be the cheapest way.

Second place design (but not thought out to completion. )

Wrapping the T1's into a 15454 onto DS-1-14 cards and using a DS-3Transmux
card to eliminate the M13

But it is more expensive and I am not sure how I will get the timeslot <->
IP done unless I employ another box. Any suggestions on how to finish this
design using the 15454 ? I am not as familiar with the box as I probably
should be.

Third place, but not financially feasible.and my personal fav.

Wrap the T1's into M13's

Run the Ds-3's to a 6500/7600 chassis with the 6 port channelized DS-3 card
(OSM-12CT3/T1) but the card is SO expensive is really kind of blows the
project.

Any other ideas on this? Any thoughts on how to incorporate the 15454 ?

Any and all comments/suggestions/whacks with clue bat appreciated.

Jim