[nsp] VLAN Traffic shaping not working on 6500

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Feb 4 15:10:52 EST 2004

Not really, I don't think. I think this is the flow you are suggesting:

vlan 10 (in) <-> vlan 10 (out) <-(loopback)-> vlan 20 (in) <-> vlan 20 (out)

So say you put an egress policer on vlan 20, then it applies to traffic exiting vlan 20 on the actual egress port, but also affects traffic going out the looped back port to vlan 10. So you are not really applying the policer on "egress" traffic only, it really becomes an ingress policer into vlan 10 as well.

Or maybe I am missing what you are suggesting.

Tim

At 08:14 AM 2/4/2004, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net observed:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759