[nsp] /30 over WAN links

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Fri Feb 6 16:40:44 EST 2004

according to a instructor @cisco bgp classes many moons ago,
the practice of using /30's subnets for wan started @cisco

this is how guyz who are cisco proctors teach basic subnetting in these
classes.

no waste. a net addy, 2 end point IPS and a bcast.

seems pretty clean too me.

/29 would obviously be handy for a customer or subnet that needs more
address space.

dont see the issues...

i guess scot spent the .02 cents the only thing left from nickel is the is
.03 cents.

all have a nice week-end.

~v/r
Del Hudson
61CS/SCBN - LAAFB NCC
Network Architecture & Engineering Group
delbert.hudson at losangeles.af.mil