[nsp] CAT 3750 EMI

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 10 16:51:27 EST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:27:06PM +0100, szilard.matyas at enternet.hu wrote:
> If anybody has good/bad experiences with cat3750 with EMI software, please write me!

We're quite happy with it, but we use it mostly as a "fast L2 switch"
and haven't yet fully delved into the depths of "weird hardware device
that tries to masquerade as IOS router".

It can't do IPv6, which is annoying, as it is marketed very placatively as
"it's ready for IPv6" - but as usual, the hardware-L3-IOS is a completely
different train with different feature sets from "normal" IOS, and IPv6 is
just not implemented yet.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de