[NSP] Maximum High Speed Interfaces on 3640

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Feb 17 00:22:18 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Alex Foster wrote:

> and its pretty dire throughput.  I appreciate the module is not designed
> to operate at wire speed by the most I have got out of one module is
> around 45 to 50 Mbps. Any tips/advise would be appreciated.  Again cisco
> claim you can achieve upto 80Mbps throughput with larger packet size -
> excuse my ignorance here - is this achieved by increasing the MTU on the
> ATM interface/sub-interface??

Do they claim the ATM OC3 module can do 80Mbps, or that it can do that in
a 3640?  The 3640 isn't the top of the 3600 line anymore.  If they claim
it'll do 80 in the 3640, I'd say you'd have to launch pigs from a cannon
to see it in real life.  I've watched 3640s run out of gas under much
lighter loads.