[nsp] DS3 Cable

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Thu Feb 19 11:47:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Beprojects.com wrote:

> OK, this may sound like a dumb question, but I can't find the info anywhere.
> What is the correct type of coax cable for a DS3?  Is it RG-58, RG-59, RG-?
> And does anybody have a good link that explains the difference between
> various RG's (such as 58 and 59)?

You can use several different cable types for DS3s.  Around here, the most
common cable types are 734 and 735.  734 is the "fat" cable, normally used
for longer runs and 735 is the "skinny" stuff, often used for shorter
runs.  Note that the 735 stuff in particular does not use standard BNC
connectors / strippers / crimpers because BNC connectors look for a
heavier-gauge cable.

jms