[nsp] Calculating ATM Cell transfer rates

Shawn Solomon ssolomon at ind.net
Wed Feb 25 12:37:51 EST 2004

This is a similar calculation as I've used in the past, however, it
assumes perfect stuffing of the 48 byte payload.  Using the traffic
mixes that we see on our network, I used the 256*53/48 as a guide, but
ended up more around 256*53/45 to get a real-world traffic rate at the
desired level.

--
Shawn Solomon
Senior Network Engineer / Systems Design