[nsp] OSPF Area Design

Vandy Hamidi vandy.hamidi at markettools.com
Wed Feb 25 19:34:37 EST 2004

Matt, thanks for the great reply, that's what I was thinking too.
The dedicated internet connections at our remote offices are not on the same routers as the frame relay.  It's typically:
   ISP-----Router----FW-----Router----Frame-Relay full mesh

                          Office LAN

Couple other considerations:
the 4 remote offices are on the east coast and the main is on the west with the 2 data centers.
1) I want the default routes needed by the east coast offices routed to internet capable sites on the east coast.  Because I have fully meshed 1.5Mbps, OSPF may consider our New York site as close to our San Francisco office as it is to the Chicago office (same hop-count and bandwidth).  NY's internet traffic may be routed across a 70ms link to exit at SF instead of the 20ms link to CH.  How do I keep the internet traffic going over closest link.

2) We want the DC's IP's to be routable from the offices as well, but it isn't directly connected to the WAN Cloud/FR Net.  I want to avoid using virtual OSPF links if possible.  How can I accomplish that?
Can I have two separate instances of OSPF and inject the DC's routes into the other?

	-=Vandy=-