[nsp] NM-1FE-TX (3600)

Craig Spiers craig at concept.net.nz
Fri Jan 2 18:09:02 EST 2004

 Hi guys,

I've been reading some of the documentation on the cisco site..
Namely this page -
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet0918
6a0080091b89.html

It states that the 3640 will operate with 4x NM-1FE-TX Cards onboard..
However, I tried it.. And the router boots ok with two, but as soon as you
put 4 in, the router falls over.. With a fatal error on bootup (it doesn't
appear to relate to the network modules though).

Has anyone had any experience with this before? Is there some special
config-register I can set to force it to use 4 NM-1FE cards? I don't want to
run them at wire speed, just would be nice to be able to use the cards I
have..

Cheers