[nsp] Cisco routers: DRAM chips banks used

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Mon Jan 5 14:35:55 EST 2004

Noriega, Alejandro [ANoriega at prima.com.ar] wrote:
> Hello folks,
> 	anyone knows the way to verify how many DRAM banks are used on a
> Cisco router?
> I mean. if I have a router with 32MB of DRAM. On the IOS CLI how can I
> check if the router has two SIMM DRAM sockets of 16MB each one or only a
> 32MB socket?
>
> The model which I'm interesting on are:
>
> 2500

I think the 2500 only has one bank for system DRAM.

> 2610
> 2611
> 2620
> 2621
> 2621XM

On the 2600, if you have a version of IOS which contains the fix for
CSCdv58188 (12.2(11)T and later), you can see the memory configuration
in the "show c2600" command.

> 3621
> 3640

If you have the fix for CSCdv58200 (12.3(3) and later), you can see
the memory configuration in the "show c3600" command.

> 7206VXR

Right now, there is no equivalent command on the 7200 platform. You
can express interest in having this command by opening up a case and
having it attached to CSCdv69265. The more interest we can generate,
the faster (and more likely) it will be implemented.

Thanks.

Dennis