[nsp] QoS / rate-limit question

Adam Debus adam-lists at reachone.com
Tue Jan 6 15:08:58 EST 2004

Hello,

    I've got a customer who has signed a contract with us to have unlimited
access across our network to a single specific IP (both end points on our
network) and then 1 Mbs of bandwidth to the Internet.

    I'm sure QoS is probably better for this then rate-limiting, but I'm not
entirely certian how to set up either to work in this situation. I've only
had to do very basic rate-limiting in the past.

    Can anyone point me in the direction I should be looking? I'm doing this
on a Cisco 7206vxr, 12.2.21 IP Plus.

Thanks,

Adam Debus
Network Engineer, ReachONE Internet