[nsp] OSPF over GRE + IPSec - ISDN backup with Cisco dialer w atch

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Wed Jan 7 09:48:39 EST 2004

i used to work for an isp that used isdn as a dial backup
methodoology. good idea as regards marketing horrible to keep sync'd
from a opr standpoint. dbu and isdn are subject to a myriad of timers.
these timers are a bit to courteous to each other. if you mix a true
flap, it really confuses dbu. imho, redundanncy overcomes fail-over as
a design feature.

~v/r
Del Hudson
61CS/SCBN - LAAFB NCC
Network Architecture & Engineering Group
delbert.hudson at losangeles.af.mil

-----Original Message-----
From: BERKANE Mourad [mailto:mourad.berkane.prestataire at sfrcegetelsi.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 5:00 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] OSPF over GRE + IPSec - ISDN backup with Cisco dialer
watch

OK.

Anybody already try using OSPF over GRE + IPsec over public internet with
Cisco dialer watch between central VPN router and remote VPN routers?

The idea is to use BRI interface (only) when a remote OSPF route disapear
(Cisco dialer watch) from the central router routing table. This could be a
way to deduce a transit problem between central and remote routers over
internet.

It should work but not yet try it, any success story is welcome.