[nsp] AUX in Router 1721

elatour at cimex.com.cu elatour at cimex.com.cu
Thu Jan 8 16:15:42 EST 2004

Bruce:

When I do a ping outside my LAN, with the Frame Relay interface down,
nothing happened in the modem (Multitech MT56000ZDVX), but when I do a
reverse Telnet to the line, the modem dial ok.

See this information please:

IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-Y-M), Version 12.2(4)YA2

System image file is "flash:c1700-y-mz.122-4.YA2.bin"

dt-zanja#sho lin
   Tty Typ     Tx/Rx    A Modem  Roty AccO AccI   Uses   Noise  Overruns
Int
     0 CTY              -    -      -    -    -      0       0     0/0
-
     5 AUX  38400/38400 - inout     -    -    -      0       0     0/0
-
*    6 VTY              -    -      -    -    -      1       0     0/0
-
     7 VTY              -    -      -    -    -      0       0     0/0
-
     8 VTY              -    -      -    -    -      0       0     0/0
-
     9 VTY              -    -      -    -    -      0       0     0/0
-
    10 VTY              -    -      -    -    -      0       0     0/0
-

Line(s) not in async mode -or- with no hardware support:
1-4

dt-zanja#sho lin 5
   Tty Typ     Tx/Rx    A Modem  Roty AccO AccI   Uses   Noise  Overruns
Int
     5 AUX  38400/38400 - inout     -    -    -      0       0     0/0
-

Line 5, Location: "", Type: ""
Length: 24 lines, Width: 80 columns
Baud rate (TX/RX) is 38400/38400, no parity, 1 stopbits, 8 databits
Capabilities: Hardware Flowcontrol In, Hardware Flowcontrol Out
  Modem Callout, Modem RI is CD, Line is permanent async interface
Modem state: Idle
Modem hardware state: CTS* noDSR  DTR RTS
Special Chars: Escape  Hold  Stop  Start  Disconnect  Activation
                ^^x    none   -     -       none
Timeouts:      Idle EXEC    Idle Session   Modem Answer  Session
Dispatch
                never         never                        none     not
set
                            Idle Session Disconnect Warning
                              never
                            Login-sequence User Response
                             00:00:30
                            Autoselect Initial Wait
                              not set
Modem type is unknown.
Session limit is not set.
Time since activation: never
Editing is enabled.
History is enabled, history size is 10.
DNS resolution in show commands is enabled
Full user help is disabled
Allowed input transports are pad udptn telnet rlogin.
Allowed output transports are pad telnet rlogin.
Preferred transport is telnet.
No output characters are padded
No special data dispatching characters

The interface is configure in this way: