[nsp] Query on MRTG

hakan lindholm hakan at staff.spray.se
Sun Jan 11 14:49:43 EST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Goldberg Alain (IT) wrote:

> NAGIOS @ http://www.nagios.org/
> Is great for what you want.

Nagios is great, Big Brother is great.

No problem. Use the Threshold config directives.

> you can move to cricket. first, it's better then mrtg (bad side is that
> it's more complicated) and second, it has feature to create hooks that
> react to tresholds. I'm using it to detect pps going up fast on
> interfaces and it works well.

Just as Threshold in MRTG?  Why learn a new beast when yo already know one
that can help you?

I use MRTG Threshold feature to submit status to Big Brother. Should
work just as good for passive monitor in Nagios (or whatever they call
it.)

Best regards,
 Hakan Lindholm
 Lycos Europe