[nsp] # of NAT translations via SNMP in IOS

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Mon Jan 12 20:57:28 EST 2004

I've spent a bit of time on this one, and seem to be coming up dry.

I'm looking for the OID (if it exists) that will tem me how many NAT
translations are currently in a router.

I've got several 10's of 1721's scatter about the world, which have a
nasty habit of grinding to a halt when configured to NAT and the number
of translations goes through the roof (eMule running on a couple of
machines inside the site seem to do just fine to kill them).

I'd like to monitor this and figure out a good threshold for a bit of an
early warning.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Daryl G. Jurbala