[nsp] MPLS over GEC on GSRs

Antoine Versini vox at t-online.fr
Wed Jan 14 16:00:40 EST 2004

Fellow networkers,

I had this morning a rather severe issue trying to achieve MPLS over a
Giga EtherChannel on GSRs (running 12.0(25)S1). Taking the Port-Channel
interface up with MPLS config was straightforward and all was fine until
the interfaces started to handle traffic (OSPF up, LDP up, no errors on
the physical interfaces).

As soon traffic started to flow through the Port-Channel, all the
linecards (1xOC48 engine 2 and 3xGE engine 2 LCs) started to show errors
(unicast send timeout, FrFab / ToFab errors, ECC RAM errors) and
then all reloaded repeatedly (not as the sime time, though).

I also noticed that IPv6 and OSPFv3 are poorly supported over
Port-Channel on the GSR platform, requiring some bad hacks to work.

Is there any known issue that can explain such crashes ?

PS: After deconfiguring the bundles on those routers and reloaded them
with 12.0(26)S1, all was fine again.

Cheers,
Antoine.

--
Antoine Versini                            «Deep Impact, eh!»
IP Networks Project Manager / T-Online France - Club-Internet