[nsp] multiple channel group per E1 support for 2600/3725

Alan zoothorn at oceanfree.net
Thu Jan 15 11:23:41 EST 2004

Hi,

Thanks for the really quick response. I think I may have found the module to
suit my needs;
1/2 Port Channelized T1/E1 PRI Network Module (NM-1CE1T1-PRI and NM-2CE1T1-PRI)

looking at the 'channel-group' command syntax;
channel-group channel-number {timeslots range [speed {56 | 64}] | unframed}

channel-group;

Channel-group number. When a T1 data line is configured, channel-group numbers
can be values from 0 to 23. When an E1 data line is configured, channel-group
numbers can be values from 0 to 30.

Thanks again,
Alan

>> Can anybody confirm whether or not an E1 controller module/WIC for a
>> cisco 2600 or 3725 will support more than two channel groups per E1
>> port?
>

>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b9c.html

>    The VWICs also support a limited channelized capability where the T1
>    or E1 service can be flexibly split into two fractional channel
>    groups. Thus a single physical port can provide connection to two
>    other sites. (Note:  when choosing this mode only a single port can be

>    supported in each WIC slot.) Initially this capability is only
>    supported on the Cisco 2600. (See Table 2 for details.)
>
>> I know that a 720X with 8 port E1/PRI module will support multiple
>> channel groups per E1, but that piece of hardware would be a little
>> pricey!!
>
>Depends on your value of pricey, but going the ebay approach should be
><$9k.

Get 100 Free Mapping Credits from IOL Mapping! All new site and new
features. Log on for your Free Credits! maps.IOL.ie