[nsp] as53xx SIP and DSP

Knudson, Eric Eric.Knudson at getronics.com
Fri Jan 16 13:54:41 EST 2004

Thomas,

Though g711ulaw/alaw is what's received on the tdm link, if you do anything other than hairpin it, you're going to use a dsp. If you use g711ulaw/alaw as a codec to xmit packet data, you'll use a dsp (even though there is no compression, you still need a dsp to packetize the voice data).

I have heard something similar about the TCL IVR though, but haven't had any experience with it to comment though; sorry.

Eric