[nsp] 7500: interaction of dCEF and "ip accounting"

Denis V. Schapov dschapov at dsi.ru
Sat Jan 17 01:03:40 EST 2004

Hi.

"Note: IP accounting disables DCEF. Do not enable IP accounting on any platform where you need to do DCEF switching."
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/ts_codred_worm.shtml

And some others urls on CCO that casually note this fact - you can get it through search

Restriction was documented through CSCeb05478
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipras_r/1rfip1.htm#1018848

"IP accounting disables autonomous switching, SSE switching, and distributed switching (dCEF) on the interface. IP accounting will cause packets to be switched on the Route Switch Processor (RSP) instead of the Versatile Interface Processor (VIP), which can cause performance degradation."

Netflow feature accelerate doesn't help here. It was also tried.
Also you can consider table for switching path (switching on incoming/outgoing interface and resulting switching path)
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/cef_whichpath.html#verify