[nsp] Strange request

Aaron Howell aaronh at amerion.net
Tue Jan 20 11:31:10 EST 2004

Hi everybody, hope this finds you well. We've got a client who has a
question I can't answer, I was hoping maybe somebody out there could
point me to some docs or something. Here's their layout:

    Site A <----T1----> Site B <----T1----> Site C
192.168.0.x/24	    192.168.0.x/24	192.168.0.x/24

Currently they have three locations, connected by two T1s, which are
bridged. There is a host at Site A. 192.168.0.97, which needs to be
reachable from all three locations. Here's where the problem starts.
They would like to move to routers from the bridges, BUT they can't go
around and change the IP of the host previously mentioned. Another
diagram will help me explain:

    Site A <----T1----> Site B <----T1----> Site C
192.168.2.x/24	    192.168.1.x/24	192.168.0.x/24

Note that Site A is now in 192.168.2.x, but the host 192.168.0.97 will
remain there. For reasons far too complicated to get into here, they
cannot change the IP on this host, and they seem unwilling to change the
addressing they've already worked out, (I suggested swapping Site A and
Site C's IP space, but they are unwilling to do so). I'm drawing a blank
on how they could accomplish what they want to do within the constraints
of the design they've come up with, so if anyone has any ideas I would
be most grateful.
Thanks,
Aaron Howell
--