[nsp] policy routing / CEF-IP-POLICY: fib for address10.209.254.254 is with flag 0

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jan 21 12:07:20 EST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 04:34:57PM -0000, Tim Franklin wrote:
> cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote:
>
> > Any other suggestions to sort this out:
> >
> >   10.209.0.0/24 -> via ISDN, if available, X/Y/Z otherwise
> >   10.209.1.0/24 -> via X/Y/Z, if available, ISDN otherwise
> >
> > are welcome.
>
> When the policy routing fails, do the packets get forwarded on the path the routing table suggests, or are they dropped?

They are forwarded via the normal routing table.

> If they're forwarded, how about:
>
> - Set up 'standard' routing by whatever means you see fit, so that the default path between A and B is A->X->Y->Z->B, and that A->ISDN->B is used if that route's unavailable.  (ie prefer the path-of-many-hops to the route via the directly connected interface, so some form of metric frobbing required.)
>
> - Policy-route from 10.209.0.0/24, set next-hop of the ISDN interface on B, which *is* directly connected
>
> ie do the flip side of what you're trying to do now and "special case" the delay-sensitive traffic instead of the bulk traffic.

Thanks.  Actually this is exactly what I tried after sending out my e-mail
and before the first responses came in. :-)

I do "set interface multilink1", which does the same thing but doesn't
tie the interface configuration to a specific peer IP address - which
makes the thing a little easier to read & understand for others.

It works well.  Failover works, too.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de