[nsp] OSPF over RBE - no full adjacency

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jan 21 15:53:48 EST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:56:32PM +0100, Vincent De Keyzer wrote:
> It seems that simple network statements are not enough - neighbors remain in
> Exstart/Exchange phase.

The routers could be in disagreement about whether this is a
point-to-point (typical for ATM) or point-to-multipoint (Ethernet)
interface.

There's an interface "ip ospf ..." command to make sure both sides agree
on what type of interface they have.

(This is a stab in the dark, but I've recently run into a similar issue
with OSPFv3, which went away when I did "ipv6 ospf network point-to-multi"
on the interface)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de