[nsp] OSPF over RBE - no full adjacency

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jan 21 17:06:50 EST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 09:38:18PM +0100, Vincent De Keyzer wrote:
> 1) What is the difference between "mtu 1500" and "ip mtu 1500"?

I'm not fully sure of that, but I think it means "accept larger packets,
but never send out IP packets larger than 1500 bytes".

These settings are somewhat weird.  I had some issues as well with
ATM interfaces bridged to Ethernet on the remote side, and "mtu 1500"
always led to some packet sizes not being fragmented or received properly,
while "ip mtu 1500" fixed all.

> 2) I had to change the ATM side to "broadcast". Could I also have
> changed Ethernet side to "Point-to-point"?

I'd assume so (but only if there is no further router on the ethernet
side).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de