[nsp] IPinIP Tunnel termination on Cat4500

Church, Chuck cchurch at wamnetgov.com
Mon Jan 26 08:17:06 EST 2004

Have you tried GRE?  Cisco seems to prefer the use of that over IPinIP.  Perhaps their GRE code is more efficient than the IPinIP code.  I've heard the sup 3 and 4 do GRE pretty well, but haven't tried it personally.  As far as the OSPF adjacency problem, it's probably just due to packet loss.  Are there 'too many retransmission' messages in the logs or debugs?

Chuck Church
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Wam!Net Government Services
13665 Dulles Technology Dr. Ste 250