[nsp] IOS/boot image compatibility

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Mon Jan 26 13:04:36 EST 2004

the C7200 doesn't really require you to have matched boot and main images.
in some cases this is not even possible because of the limitations on
the size of the bootflash.

the caveat with having a downrev bootimage is that some of your hardware
may not be recognized by router if it boots up in the boot image.

cheers
.siva