[nsp] TACACS+ server of choice?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Jan 27 21:14:27 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:28:25PM -0500, Streiner, Justin wrote:
> For those of you who use TACACS+ authentication on your network devices,
> which TACACS+ server package are you using?  I'm looking to replace an
> existing TACACS+ server and would rather build it from the ground-up if I
> can on a unix platform.  Aside from Cisco's which is several years old,
> and a handful of things on sourceforge, I don't see much out there.

I believe the closest thing to a maintained tac+ server in general use by
the networking community (modified version of Cisco's) is available at:

http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/

If there is a more modern one I'd sure like to hear about it. Last I
looked everything on sourceforge seemed to be tacacs classic or xtacacs,
which are not the same protocol as tacacs+.