[nsp] NPE-G1 and 50,000 l2tp sessions???

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Wed Jan 28 10:03:28 EST 2004

There are fragmentation issues that need to be taken into consideration
when doing PPPoE/L2TP.  The fragmentation drives up the CPU load.  The
G1 cannot handle 16,000 sessions in production, but it should be able
to handle more than 2,500.  The fix is to reduce the MTU on the client
side, use mss-adjust on the CPE (if Cisco) or fudge the MTU in the
virtual template on the VXR (same mss-adjust as you would do on the
VXR, I believe).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/
technologies_tech_note09186a0080093bc7.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/
technologies_white_paper09186a0080093e55.shtml