[nsp] PRP-1 recommendations?

Raymond, Steven steven_raymond at eli.net
Thu Jan 29 14:41:35 EST 2004

Can anyone offer their experience on PRP-1 with the default 512MB memory
configuration?

Our GRP (non-Bs) w/ 256MB are getting pretty low on free memory.  We first
endeavored to upgrade those to -Bs w/ 512MB but from Cisco at least, the
price on PRP-1 with 512MB default is less than -Bs w/ 512MB upgrade.

I searched my cisco-nsp folder and could find only one reference to PRP.
Does anyone actually use them in production?  If so, do you have a mix, some
GSRs running GRPs and others running PRPs?  Anything to worry about
regarding IOS selection for PRP (and assuming 25/26S should be fine on PRP?)
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks