[nsp] Example code of how to "rate limit" a port on a 3550

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Jul 1 10:20:24 EDT 2004

This is what I use,  works pretty well for me.
!
!
mls qos
!
class-map match-all allip
	match access-group 100
!
policy-map 1mbps
	class allip
	  police 1000000 32000 exceed-action drop
policy-map 2mbps
	class allip
	  police 2000000 32000 exceed-action drop
!
int f0/1
  service-policy input 1mbps
!
!
access-list 100 permit ip any any
!
!

This only works to police packets as they enter the switch port.   You
can't use 'match access-group' in a output service-policy on the 3550.

-Matt